|Cycle Name||Shire Five Team - Cycle 004|
These are work items taken from the team's backlog. The meanings of the terms in the Status column are as follows:
- Scheduled: Pulled into the cycle but not started yet
- Removed: Removed from the cycle for some reason
- In Progress: Currently being worked on
- Completed: Fully completed and accepted
- Carried Over: Not completed within the cycle and carried over to the next one
|LOTR-0016 Safe packaging of mushrooms||2||Completed|
|LOTR-0017 Pack Maggot waggon||3||Completed|
|LOTR-0011 Crickhollow unpacking||13||Completed|
|LOTR-0012 Crickhollow bath scaling||8||Completed|
|LOTR-0022 Cross Brandywine||8||Completed|
|LOTR-0018 Pony-compatible beer kegs||5||Completed|
|LOTR-0010 Map road to Bree||8||Completed|
|LOTR-0016 Group discussion on charter||8||Completed|
|LOTR-0028 Take Old Forest to Bree||20||Carried Over|
These are work items that occurred during the cycle and did not come from the team backlog. The Effort column is a rough approximation, and may be in story points like backlog items, or simply in hours, or even days for those real memorable incidents.
|Detour to avoid the Black Rider (3 team members)||12 hours||Completed|
|Dinner and consultation with Gildor's team (3 team members)||9 hours||Completed|
|Cross-country 'shortcut' (3 people)||20 hours||Completed|
|Dinner with Farmer Maggot (3 team members)||9 hours||Completed|
These are notes captured during the team's Cycle Retrospective.
Overall this cycle seemed to go well despite a few notable bumps. Most of what we set out to accomplish was completed, and the one thing carrying over is for good reasons.
- Meals are happening at timely intervals and with decent fare (for travel).
- Team members are taking initiative and owning their tasks, and open to alternatives when trouble with the preferred approach arises.
- Everyone is giving honest feedback on the approaches and proposals made within the team.
- Going off of the road is always turning out to be way slower than we imagined.
- The Black Riders are doing far too good of a job at following our trail.
Experiments proposed by the team to improve effectiveness are captured here. Proposed experiments should have the proposed change, the criteria used to evaluate the change, and what result would be viewed as successful.
|Double our effort estimates for off-road travel||Difference between estimate and actual result||Actual result is not more than twice the estimate|
|Avoid roads completely until Bree||Do Black Riders find us?||No|