There is no doubt in my mind that the Open Source crowd, and particularly the Linux subset, has one of the highest percentages of males with ponytails. Having had my hair long enough for a ponytail for a few months now, and having observed many a long-haired fellow Free/Open Source Software enthusiast, I have collected this handy set of guidelines for having long hair as a guy, tailored for the male geek audience:
- When it comes to shampoo, you get what you pay for.
- Conditioner is your friend; cultivate that relationship.
- Haircuts are still important; see guideline #1 for further direction.
- Sheer length is not the ultimate goal, no matter what your buddies say.
- Long hair does not imply maintenance-free hair, and often the opposite is true.
Pingback: Not All Those Who Wander Are LostGnu » long hair